Friday, August 26, 2011

Flashback Friday: The Friday Edition

Your first thought is probably that that is a little redundant, right?  But no, I've never done a Flashback Friday on a Friday before.  For reals.

I was headed to the gym the other morning, (but not too early, it's rare that I leave my house before 9:40AM)  flipping through those annoying morning radio shows trying to find an actual song, when a Ryan Seacrest type person started talking about the horror that was Kate Middleton recycling a dress that she had worn years before.  Ummm...ok?  There are real tragedies in the world, but you're right, children starving to death in Somalia is a little too depressing for a pre-zumba toning class.

Here's where I insert a random picture from high school that has nothing to do with this story:


So it reminded me of high school.  I was sitting in physics class, when the girl in front of me turned around and said, "Oh my gosh.  Do you see Carly over there?  She wore that outfit on the first day of school!"  And I was  all, "Are you kidding me?"  And I think she thought I was encouraging her or something.  In reality, I was thinking, "It's January.  Why the heck do you care that she's wearing the same thing and how the heck do you remember what she wore 5 months ago?"  And no, I never swore in my internal dialogue in high school.  Thank you John Bytheway.

So she goes on to tell me that she had a worksheet with all of her shirts listed on one side and her pants/skirts  listed above.  She could then x out an outfit; she allowed herself to wear a shirt more than once, but would never pair it with the same thing twice.  That way she could wear a different outfit every day of the school year.

So you know what I do, right?  I started wearing the exact same outfit every Monday until she stopped talking to me.

And it worked.  The girl has like 1300 facebook friends and I'm not one of them.  Probably because I recycled profile pictures or something ridiculous like that.

Photobucket

1 comments:

Jenna said...

LOL That's so stupid. I know I wear the same outfits all the time. And what's even stupider (more stupid?) is that they were getting after Kate Middleton because she was wearing individual pieces multiple times, not even whole outfits. One of them was a brooch she wore twice. I mean, how ridiculous!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...