Monday, July 18, 2011

The One About Puppies, and Rainbows and Unicorns

But not really because I hate puppies, unicorns aren't real, and rainbows aren't a safe topic.


We spent the weekend with my dad, his wife and my grandparents (and a whole bunch of aunts, uncles and cousins).  It was tremendously fun.  


Here's my dad with the kiddos.  The last time we went to the zoo, I ended up carrying both kids out.  $12 for a stroller rental was worth every penny.  They're also eating Dippin' Dots ice cream.  Uncle Dave bought it for them, I only had Dippin' Dots ice cream once growing up and it was because my Uncle Dave bought it for me.  I still think he's awesome.  He knows how to win the kids over!


Ashlyn's hair was a tangled mess.  She spent all morning curled up in the fetal position because I wouldn't let her wear her new tutu a second day in a row.


You'd think that little girl in the middle would be my kids' cousin.  But no, she's my cousin.  Growing up, I always complained about the cousins on my mom's side that were all as old as my mom.  I am glad I get to fulfill the roll of old cousin for this little girl.  


You take pictures like this because you're at the zoo!

Ditto!


And this is "Puppy".  Austin's BFF.  We do everything with Puppy.  As we were leaving my grandparents and making sure we had everything, I said, "As long as we have puppy, we can just buy anything else we forget."  

I tried to get Austin to change his name from Puppy.  And it kind of worked.  I suggested Brownie or Frank., but he didn't like either one.  So I suggested he think of something he really likes and name it after that.  So now that puppies name is "All the Candy in the World".  


And yes, we can buy anything to replace what we forget.  But when we forget Zofran and have to wait 12 hours before a pharmacy opens, it's a bad bad thing.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...