Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dear Groundhog

I think this past January was perhaps the longest month in my entire life. Including the month before I turned 16 and the month before Austin was born (that was pretty long - Hawaii? Eight months pregnant?) This was way worse.

I thought perhaps that February would be different. But I woke up to -3 degrees this morning. There is just only so much more of this iiii I can take before I pack of my family and move to Florida. For reals...

I spent 10 minutes in my car this last weekend, trying to convince myself to walk the 100 feet into Wal mart to return my redbox movie. In retrospect, I should have just kept the movie. Because as I ran to the side door (it took about 5 seconds - new world record by the way), I saw the sign on it that said the door was locked and I had to go around. There was a huge gust of wind as I rounded the corner and I almost gave up. I almost threw myself on the floor and cried like a baby. I didn't even cry during the Titanic. I was way colder than those folks.

I've also been a little concerned about my kids. They insisted that when it hit 9 degrees today that they didn't have to wear jackets. I came this close* to yelling at them. I never yell. But my family will have higher standards than that. And they will wear jackets and sweatshirts and thermals until it is freaking 70 degrees outside. Anything less and I won't call them my children anymore.

So tomorrow Groundhog, can you just declare that it's going to be an early spring?

*Picture me squeezing one eyeball shut, sticking my tongue out, and holding two fingers up really close.Photobucket

1 comments:

Candice said...

What I'm hating is this FREEZING cold weather with bright, blue, sunny skies. Cruel. Hope you thaw soon!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...