Thursday, December 4, 2008

26...the new 30

I'm okay with wrinkles and gray hair (probably because I have neither yet), but people sure have an amazing way of making me feel old.

These are the conversations I've had with random people over the past year.

At the DMV...

D: How old are you?
B: 26.
D: Oh!  I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked!

at the dentist office...

H: How old are you?
B: Ah an tenny sachs.   (You know, because my teeth are being cleaned).
H: You do not look that old!

and my favorite...

S: How old are you?
M: 26.
S: Oh really?  I thought you were my age!
M: Oh yeah?  How old are you?
S: Twenty FOUR. 
Photobucket

8 comments:

Candi said...

HAHA! I get stuff like that all the time - but I'm nowhere near as young as you. I just turned 29 (gasp!). My favorite was one of my YW asking me how much older I was than Brian (though he's over four years older than I am) and she WOULD NOT believe me when I told her that...Oh well. Don't be afraid of wrinkles and gray hair. I just turn to the bottle for comfort (Clairol #4 Dark Brown).

larene said...

must be a birthday around the corner, eh?

Candice said...

The whole world has lost its mind! You look like your 20...no worries. I like the frosty look on your page.

Kate said...

I'm hoping 32 is the new 26. But I think I'm out of luck.

The Randall Family said...

Ha! I just turned 30 this September. I've gotten so many weird comments. Mostly from people thinking that I should be freaking out that I'm 30 but I don't care - so why should they? LOL!

J D C and N said...

haha! Makes you feel good, huh? On more than one occasion people have asked me and my older sister our ages and responded to me, "oh I thought you were older." Thanks! Oh well...just one more step closer to the senior discount! Wahoo!

Jeff and Carol said...

You're only 26? I thought you were older. Hahah. Just playin'. You're only a year older then Jeff.

heather said...

kate, i agree...i have about 6 wks left til i hit 32.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...