Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Flying to the Big Island

Our flight to the Big Island was WAY too early. We left at 5:00 in the morning and took the bus to the airport. Ashlyn was surprisingly wide awake and happy the entire morning, and had a lot of fun playing tug-o-war with Rusty and her favorite stuffed Monkey while we waited for our flight.


I've never been on a plane so small! We actually walked out onto the tarmac to get on the plane, there was only one flight attendant and it seated about 30-35 people. We were the first ones on the plane, so we got prime seats. Way in the back (I guess we never got over the juvenile idea that sitting in the back of the bus is cool) and on the left side so we could see all the islands as we flew over. Here's a picture of Molokai and Maui. I loved the mountains on Maui! Molakai was pretty flat.

1 comments:

Betsy said...

Those are gorgeous pictures.

I love riding in those small planes. I like it because there is usually more turbulence. Some people think I am crazy for that, but for me it is like being on a roller coaster (without the fun of going upside down of course). :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...